Father’s Day is here again which, for many, means fun-filled family celebrations and barbecues. The big question: What are you going to cook up for this special holiday? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
For the cannabis-loving dad in your life, we have the perfect recipe to make his day. This cannabis-infused marinade is rich, buttery, savoury and potent. Made from a base of cannabis butter and infused with garlic, fresh herbs and a touch of lemon, this tasty mixture can be used as a marinade or a fancy steakhouse butter. While the recipe is designed as a marinade for steak, it goes well with almost any meat option and tastes amazing on vegetables.
Surprise your dad by bringing this delicious cannabis-infused marinade to the Father’s Day barbecue. Whether you use it with a veggie side dish when you grill up some steaks, or if you let your dad show off his skills on the grill, no one will be disappointed by this flavourful marinade.
If you don’t feel like marinating, no problem. Just cool the butter mixture back down to turn it into a delicious steakhouse butter. You can use the butter to add some extra flavour to your meat once it’s cooked, add it to savoury side dishes or simply spread it on bread. No matter how you choose to use this incredibly seasoned butter, it’s sure to be a hit.
Ingredients for Cannabis Marinade & Steakhouse Butter
- 1 1/2 cups cannabutter
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
RELATED: DIY RECIPE: CANNABIS-INFUSED BUTTER
How to Make the Cannabis Marinade & Steakhouse Butter
- Start by melting down the cannabutter in a small pot over low heat. Once the butter is melted, remove from heat.
- Mince garlic and add it the melted butter.
- Mince your herbs and add them to the butter.
- Add lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring mixture until thoroughly blended.
- You can use this base as a steak marinade, a steak butter or both. I usually use 1/3 of the mixture as a marinade and 2/3 as butter. If you want to use the mixture for both, separate it into two sealable bags at this stage.
- To use as a marinade, you’ll want the mixture in its melted form. Place your steaks on a dish and cover them completely in the butter marinade.
- Cover dish and set to the side, letting it sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Once marinated, cook the steak on your grill or in a skillet.
- To make the steakhouse butter, place the container of butter mixture you’ve set aside in the refrigerator and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Check on your butter every 10 minutes. When you do, stir the mixture so that it continues to cool evenly. When the butter is ready for the next step, it will be soft and pliable with a consistency somewhere between whipped cream and cookie dough. Continue to cool, check and stir until your butter achieves this non-liquid state.
- Make sure that none of the butter is liquid. Then scoop the soft butter mixture out onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll the soft butter up in the plastic wrap, shaping into a log. Place in a Ziploc bag to ensure nothing leaks out of the plastic wrap.
- Return to refrigerator and cool until hard.
- Serve your steak with a dollop of your Steakhouse Butter and enjoy.