Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and we’ve come up with the perfect cannabis-infused dessert recipe to make your mom smile. Easy and quick to make, but with a refined flavour profile, you can look like a seasoned cannabis chef without spending too much time in the kitchen on the special day.
This recipe calls for a high-cannabidiol (CBD) cannabis oil to be infused into a decadent chocolate ganache. The CBD oil will impart relaxation and pain relief without much, if any, psychoactive effect. This makes it ideal for a social situation like Mother’s Day brunch and means it’s well-suited for people who might be new to consuming marijuana.
RELATED: CANNABIS 101: CBD VS. THC
This chocolate ganache serves four people, but you can easily double it for a larger event. The recipe is also easy to customize. You can also make it two ways: as a hot dipping sauce or as a cold, thick mousse.
If you want to enjoy the ganache as a hot dipping sauce, pair it with fruit or other dippable desserts like cookies or marshmallows. It will be similar to chocolate fondue, but doesn’t require keeping the chocolate very hot, so you don’t need any fancy equipment. Show mom you care by using her favourite fruits or other treats for dipping.
For a rich, elegant experience, try out the cold ganache version. When chilled, the ganache thickens and takes on a mousse-like texture. Reminiscent of a flourless chocolate cake, this will make any chocolate-lover swoon. Sprinkle with pink Himalayan sea salt to bring it to a whole other level. Your mom will think you picked up dessert at a five-star restaurant.
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 mL of Peace Naturals 1:4 CBD Oil
- Optional sweetener (I use 1 tsp of honey, but you can modify to your tastes)
If you’re making the hot dipping sauce variation, you’ll also need:
- Fruit or other treats to dip into the chocolate sauce. Strawberries work well or choose your mother’s favourite fruit.
If you’re making the cold ganache variation, you’ll also need:
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
How to Make CBD-Infused Chocolate Ganache
- Put the cream and chocolate into a small pot and heat on the stove on low, stirring continuously to avoid burning the chocolate. Stir until the entire mixture is completely blended into a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Remove from the heat, and add in the vanilla, cinnamon, sweetener and cannabis oil, stirring until completely blended.
- If making the chocolate dipping sauce, pour the ganache into a heat-resistant serving bowl and cover until ready to serve. It’s best not to let this sit too long and is tastiest when served within 5 minutes of removing from the heat.
- If making the cold ganache mousse with sea salt, pour the still-warm ganache evenly into four small bowls or cups.
- Cover the bowls and put in the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours or until the ganache takes on a mousse-like texture.
- Once cooled and ready to serve, remove bowls from the refrigerator and sprinkle a thin layer of pink Himalayan sea salt on top of each. Serve immediately while the ganache is still chilled.