Summer is almost here, and the weather is finally heating up. While this means more fun time outdoors, making your own cannabis edibles can get slightly more complicated when the weather gets warm. After all, who wants to bake or cook over a hot stove when it’s already hot outside?
If you prefer to keep your cool in the summer, it can be helpful to have some go-to edible recipes that don’t require any cooking at all. And we’ve got just the recipe for you: cannabis- infused pear and prosciutto wraps.
This healthy and easy-to-make edible recipe is perfect for the summer. And its vibrant, fresh ingredients are just what we crave in the summer months.
This recipe’s light flavours and crunchy textures make it a refreshing meal that would fit right in as a lovely summer lunch, a tasty snack or appetizer, or as a dish to bring to a barbecue or summer potluck; I brought mine to a cannabis tea party. Try these wraps yourself and find out just how stress free and delicious they can be.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Pear & Prosciutto Wraps
This tasty, no-fuss dish will feed 2 people as a stand-alone meal, or 6¬–8 people as an appetizer.
- 4 oz prosciutto
- 1 Asian pear
- 2 cups fresh baby greens (such as a baby lettuce spring mix or baby arugula)
- Small bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp cannabis-infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Pear & Prosciutto Wraps
The secret to this recipe is the sweet crunchy pear. The pear not only mixes perfectly with the salty prosciutto, but it also absorbs the cannabis-infused dressing, making it an irresistible marijuana edible. To start, get your pears ready by cutting and dressing them.
- Wash pears and cut them into long rectangles (roughly 1x1x2–3 inches).
- Using a knife, poke around 10 small holes into each pear rectangle so that it can absorb more of the dressing.
- Cut your lime in half and squeeze the juice into a flat-bottomed bowl or plate, mixing it with the infused olive oil. You should have a thin layer of dressing at the bottom of the bowl.
- Lay the pear rectangles in the bowl and rotate each one in the lime and olive oil mixture until fully covered.
- Season pear rectangles on one side with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Once you have your pears cut and soaking in the dressing, you can put the whole bowl in the fridge for up to 12 hours before you make the prosciutto wraps. Keep in mind that the pears will absorb more cannabis oil as they soak, so if you want them to be a little bit stronger, let them sit for longer.
- Just before you’re ready to eat, you can put the wraps together. They taste best when freshly arranged.
- Start by taking a slice of prosciutto and laying it out flat.
- Place some baby greens on top of one edge of the prosciutto.
- Place a pear rectangle on top of the greens.
- Add a sprig of thyme on top of the pear, and then roll it up by wrapping the rest of the prosciutto slice around the fillings.
- Secure in place with a toothpick, and then repeat the process with each strip of prosciutto.