When we think about cannabis edibles, often the first thing that comes to mind is a baked good, like a brownie. This decadent and sugary treat will do just fine at delivering cannabinoids to your system, but it isn’t the healthiest option—especially if you’re medicating with edibles on a regular basis. You may find the health-promoting benefits of cannabis are fighting against the negative effects of ingredients like sugar and wheat.
If you’re looking for a healthier marijuana edible option, but one that still satisfies your sweet tooth, try this cannabis-infused mango-cucumber smoothie with ginger and mint. It’s light, refreshing and hydrating, and may leave you feeling like you’ve been transported to a tropical island. Best of all, it’s packed with nutrient-rich, healthy, whole-food ingredients, and there’s no added sugar.
The base of this recipe is vitamin C-rich frozen mango, which provides all of the sweetness you need, along with:
- A wide range of nutrients
- Healthy digestive enzymes
Then we add hydrating cucumbers, which are known to:
- Promote lower blood sugar levels
- Keep digestion regular
- Aid in weight loss
While the lime juice provides a host of immunity-boosting vitamins, the milk or cream adds some much needed fats; fats help your body absorb the cannabinoids and make them more bioavailable.
All in all, this recipe is packed with healthy nutrients that can work with your cannabis to boost your well-being. With its blend of immune-boosting ingredients,which can also help with digestion, it could be particularly helpful if you’re dealing with these problems. But it's also just healthy in general and a great way to keep your body running full steam ahead.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Mango-Cucumber Smoothie
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup milk or cream*
- 1/2 lime
- 3–5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 small chunk of fresh ginger (about a tbsp)
- 1 dose of cannabis oil**
*You can use any type of milk that works for you. I use heavy cream to boost the fat content, which can help with your body’s absorbtion of cannabinoids. But you can also use any type of milk, including coconut, rice, almond or soy.
Because the smoothie recipe makes a single serving, you can add the exact dose you want to consume. Use your best judgment on dosing based on your previous experiences with edibles.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Mango-Cucumber Smoothie
- Start by preparing any ingredients that aren’t ready to go into the blender. First, peel the cucumber and dice it into small chunks. You should have around a cup of diced cucumber when you’re finished. Next, peel and dice the ginger. You should have a tablespoon of fresh ginger pieces when you’re finished.
- Add the mango, cucumber, ginger and mint to the blender. Squeeze the juice from the lime over the ingredients, and then pour the milk on top.
- Cover the blender, and blend the ingredients together. If you have trouble getting them to mix, stop blending periodically and use a spatula to stir the ingredients around. When it’s thoroughly blended, pour into your glass and enjoy.
Photo credit: gowithstock/Shutterstock.com