Halloween is full of sweet treats, but they aren’t usually infused with cannabis. This easy recipe for Halloween-themed Rice Krispies treats will take just 20 minutes to make and requires only a few ingredients. The buttery marshmallow mix combined with the smooth peanut butter from candy pieces will be a huge hit at whatever Halloween party you attend.
If you’ve never cooked using cannabis oil, don’t worry. This is really the easiest way to infuse food with all of the benefits cannabis has to offer. All you have to do is add your cannabis oil while you mix together the ingredients, and you’re all set. This recipe is so simple, you may think you’ve missed some steps—the hardest part will be making sure no one eats too many treats.
This is also a great recipe for getting creative at Halloween. It’s easy to mould these into the shape of ghosts, pumpkins, tombstones or any kind of scary things that will give your Halloween spread that special twist.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused, Halloween Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 package of regular-sized marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 30 mL cannabis oil of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces
How to Make Cannabis-Infused, Halloween Rice Krispies Treats
- To prep, measure out the 6 cups of Rice Krispies and set aside in a bowl.
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper. If you’ll be shaping your treats into certain shapes, you can use moulds or cookie cutters for ease. If you’ll be using those kinds of kitchen gadgets, have them out and ready now.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low to medium heat and be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the marshmallows, stirring frequently until the mixture is completely melted and then promptly remove from heat.
- Add the cannabis oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the cereal while continuing to stir, completely covering the cereal before the melted mixture cools.
- Let the cereal and marshmallow mix cool for several minutes before adding the Reese’s Pieces, as they tend to melt easily.
- Add the candies slowly, gently folding in a quarter of a cup at a time before adding more. The key is to mix as little as possible.
- After you add all of the Reese’s Pieces, use a spatula to remove and place in the middle of the lined pan or into your moulds. If shaping your treats by hand, place the entire mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper and break off one portion of the treats at a time to mould into the shape you want.
- Let cool for 15 minutes or until firm.
Photo credit: Cathy Danh