Looking for a healthy recipe that includes cannabis? With all of the cookies, brownies, candies and other sweets that people infuse with marijuana, it can sometimes seem like all cannabis edibles options are unhealthy and filled with sugar. But what about those of us who try to avoid sugar? Are there any edible recipes out there for us?
I consume marijuana for chronic pain and inflammation, and sugar only makes my condition worse. I stick to a no-grain, no added sugar diet to help keep my pain and inflammation down. This means I can’t indulge in sugary edibles on a regular basis, so I’m always on the hunt for healthy, low-carb meals that I can prepare with cannabis.
My recipe for bacon, avocado and blackberry salad is one of my favourites. Healthy, low-carb and full of real fresh ingredients, it’s as flavourful as it is good for you—and it makes a great lunch for you and a friend.
While this recipe serves two, you can halve it if you’re having lunch alone, or double it for a larger group.
This salad is easy to put together and uses cannabis-infused olive oil in the dressing to give it that extra medicinal kick. Salads are a great way to enjoy edible marijuana because you can easily mix infused olive oil into any dressing you’re preparing and turn your favourite salad into a cannabis edible with this easy trick.
Before you begin, it’s always a good idea to get prepared with everything you need. Make sure you have all of your ingredients and cooking tools ready and out on a clean surface.
Ingredients for Bacon, Avocado & Blackberry Salad
- 2 cups fresh lettuce greens
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 1 avocado
- 6 slices of bacon
Ingredients for Marijuana-Infused Blackberry Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cannabis-infused olive oil
How to Make Bacon, Avocado & Blackberry Salad With Cannabis-Infused Vinaigrette
- Preheat your frying pan to around 250 degrees F. Once heated, lay the 6 pieces of bacon onto the frying pan. Flip the bacon when the bottom side is cooked to your taste. Then cook the second side to your taste.
- While the bacon’s cooking, start your cannabis-infused salad dressing by adding 2 teaspoons of marijuana-infused olive oil and 2 tablespoons of regular olive oil into a glass. If you’re sensitive to the effects of cannabis or are trying this recipe for the first time, you can replace some of the infused oil with regular olive oil.
- Slice the lime and squeeze about a tablespoon of lime juice into the glass.
- Add 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Add two blackberries to the glass. Then, using a fork, squeeze blackberries against the side of the glass, squashing them and releasing the juice.
- Add salt, pepper and honey to your taste. You can omit the honey altogether, but if you’re used to sweets, it can help enhance the flavour.
- Mix the dressing thoroughly and set aside.
- Place two bowls on your work surface and add 1 cup of fresh greens to each bowl.
- Slice remaining blackberries into halves or quarters to create easy bite-sized pieces and divide between each bowl.
- Slice avocado and add half to each bowl.
- Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, add 3 pieces to each bowl. Add the dressing, splitting evenly between two bowls, mix and enjoy.
And there you have it, a low-carb, grain-free, healthy cannabis edible recipe that proves you don’t have to eat sugar just to eat your cannabis.