The holidays are a good excuse to loosen your belt and go for seconds. Between the mashed potatoes, cheesy casseroles and decadent pies, it’s nearly impossible to count calories (and you probably don’t want to anyway).
But this doesn’t mean you have to throw caution completely to the wind. You can still indulge over the holidays without overdoing it.
This cannabis-infused fudge strikes the perfect balance between healthful ingredients and decadent flavours. And all it takes is six ingredients.
Ingredients for 6-Ingredient, Cannabis-Infused Fudge
Makes 20 pieces
- 5 mL 1:1 cannabis oil
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nut milk (almond or cashew)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Dosing note: 5 mL of a 1:1 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to cannabidiol (CBD) cannabis oil will result in roughly 5 mg THC and 5 mg CBD per piece of fudge. This is a good dose for cannabis newbies or those with a lower tolerance. You can always cut the fudge pieces in half or quarters for someone who wants to start off with a smaller marijuana microdose.
How to Make 6-Ingredient, Cannabis-Infused Fudge
This recipe takes just six ingredients, but involves a lot of mixing. So get those arms ready.
- Line a 5x7-inch baking pan with parchment paper, and set it to the side.
- In a medium saucepan, add the chocolate chips, coconut oil, almond butter, nut milk and cannabis oil.
- Over low heat, stir the mixture continuously with a silicon spatula until the chocolate is halfway melted.
- Switch to a whisk to mix while the last of the chocolate melts smoothly.
- When the mixture is completely melted, remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Use a silicon spatula to scrape the mixture from the saucepan and spread it evenly into the lined baking pan.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge to set completely (at least 2 hours, but it may need more time).
- Once the fudge is solid, divide into 20 1-inch squares.
Photo credit: Helena Yankovska