Seeking a different kind of getaway this year? Give yourself the gift of a retreat where you can consume cannabis to relax and refocus without leaving your therapeutic medicine behind.
Cannabis retreats are rising in popularity and appeal to folks of all types. From millennial women seeking sisterhood to couples who want an elevated escape to those who need to energize after long hours in the office, there are plenty of marijuana retreats to choose from.
All of these marijuana retreats feature knowledgeable staff and cannabis concierges ready to answer your questions about the plant and offer their consumption recommendations. While it may seem at first like these retreats are all geared towards cannabis pros, they’d also be great options for cannabis newbies to learn more about the plant from people who know what they’re talking about.
So, if you’re interested in swapping a swim-up bar for one that’s all about vaping, but don’t know where to start, check out these five cannabis retreats.
1. Cannabliss Retreats—Coral Cove, Jamaica, June 16–23
Join other conscious cannabis consumers for the fifth edition of Cannabliss Retreats: “The World’s First Global Cannabis Retreat.” The next retreat takes place at Coral Cove, a quiet resort on the southwestern coast of Jamaica.
Carve out seven days to:
- Tour Bob Marley’s former home and a local cannabis farm
- Explore caves
- Snorkel around private reefs
- Hear wellness experts discuss cannabis as a tool to feel good
- Participate in yoga, meditation and sound bath events
- Partake in an open vape bar
- Learn about the Rastafarian culture alongside a community also drawn to this sacred plant
This would be a great choice for people who want to learn new information about marijuana in tropical surroundings they can also explore and enjoy.
2. Return to Nature Ganja Yoga Retreat—Kootenays of Kaslo, B.C., May 17–20
Book yourself in for a long weekend of elevated self-care in the Canadian Rockies with the Return to Nature Ganja Yoga Retreat. Yoga teacher and retreat host Celina Archambault will lead guests through:
- Gentle yoga and mindful movement sessions
- Guided meditations
- Cannabis consumption in ceremonial settings
With the farm-to-table food, fresh air and shamanic journeying, this is the perfect weekend for folks who need a restorative, spiritual break from everyday life.
You don’t need to be an experienced yogi to enjoy this retreat. The yoga classes are open to all levels, and there will be enough time away from the mat to enjoy all of the things the gorgeous surroundings have to offer.
Hurry up and register before Feb. 15 with the discount code: LOVE to save on shared accommodations.
3. Ganja Goddess Getaway—Various Dates & North America Locations Through 2019
The Ganja Goddess Getaway is all about connecting with your inner goddess, using cannabis and sisterhood as the vehicle to get there.
There are seven different retreats planned for 2019 including in:
- The SF Bay Area
- Coachella Valley, CA
All locations feature activities like dance workshops, sexuality talks and goal-setting sessions.
These retreats are run by the Glowing Goddess Getaway Members Club. You need to be a member to participate in any of their retreats—this is how everyone is able to legally consume cannabis at their events. Good news, though: Membership is only $4.20 USD a month.
4. Summit Recreational Retreat—Self-Directed Retreats in Denver, Colorado
Summit Recreational Retreat is Colorado's “first luxury private cannabis facility,” which is available for self-directed overnight or afternoon retreats. Access gets you:
- Full use of a homey bed and breakfast on three acres of rolling land
- A seven-person indoor hot tub
- Two lounges
- A Bliss Bar with Volcano vaporizer and dab rig
- Cannabis oil massages
- A personalized cannabis concierge service for those new to marijuana or anyone needing advice on trying new cannabis products
For a romantic weekend away, or just some quiet time to yourself, this spot is a gem. Just be aware that guests need to be 21 years of age or older.
5. Hotbox Jamaica Bud & Breakfast—Self-Directed Retreats in St. Ann, Jamaica
From the Hot Box Cafe in Toronto comes the Hotbox Jamaica Bud & Breakfast retreat in St. Ann, Jamaica. If you want to experience Jamaica the Hot Box way—with zero stress, no need for frills and with plenty of time to consume cannabis—book a room here.
Hot Box Jamaica offers plenty to keep you busy during your stay, including:
- Ganja farm tours
- Lagoon excursions
- Tours of Bob Marley’s birthplace
- Horseback rides along the beach
And for the cannabis enthusiast looking to get hitched, Hot Box Jamaica also hosts cannabis-friendly weddings. Yes, you can walk down the aisle with a “green” bouquet, mark the occasion with an infused wedding cake and treat your guests to some of the best cannabis in the world.
Photo credits: julie aagaard (main image), Cannabliss Retreats (Cannabliss Retreats image), Return to Nature Ganja Yoga Retreat (Return to Nature Ganja Yoga Retreat image), Glowing Goddess Getaway (Ganja Goddess Getaway image), Sebastián Marincolo (Summit Recreational Retreat image), Hotbox Jamaica Bud & Breakfast image (Hotbox Jamaica Bud & Breakfast image)